GIL 2011: Africa - Tapping into the untapped - Consumer demand driving mega opportunities in Africa - What is your strategy?
Mega Trends and Opportunities for Companies in Africa
Mani James, Business Unit Leader, Chemicals, Materials & Food,
Frost & Sullivan
Tapping into the Untapped: Growing Consumer Demand Driving Mega Opportunities for Chemicals & Material Suppliers in Africa
The recent global economic recession has had a significant impact on the chemicals &
materials industry globally. Demand for core chemicals sectors collapsed and, as a result, global production decreased during the economic recession as companies cut back production, shutting or idling plants and conducting lay offs. However, many countries in Sub-Saharan Africa were considered attractive investment destinations for chemicals & material markets. Many African economies are witnessing a very robust GDP growth. As a result, there is growing consumer demand across key end-user sectors in Africa such as energy & power, water & sanitation infrastructure and infrastructure in key African countries.
This is bound to drive a higher growth trajectory for the markets for chemicals & materials by 2020. The key to unlocking this potential in Africa is to understand the underlying Mega Trends that shape the business environment.
Discussion points :
- What are the key Mega Trends that would drive business for chemicals and materials
companies in Africa?
- When can you expect to see the impact of micro trends on the business environment?
- Where are the key opportunities that would manifest in Africa by 2020?
- Why is Africa the next big opportunity for chemicals and material suppliers?
- How can you adopt your strategies to tap into this massive opportunity Africa
We will be presenting the key outcomes of our discussions during the GIL 2011 : Africa discussions on a regular basis.