Municipal Waste to Energy
This Frost & Sullivan research service titled Municipal Waste to Energy offers an in-depth examination of current position and future plans of major metropolitan areas in South Africa vis a vis waste to energy objectives. It examines technology options and the role that the private sector can play in furthering waste to energy initiatives.
This analysis is available through our Energy & Power Growth Partnership Services programme. With continuous access to intelligence and resources from all seven perspectives of the Complex Business Universe, the Growth Partnership Services programme ensures that you and your Growth Team™ are able to maintain a 360 Degree Perspective of the market. This comprehensive, objective information allows your company to mitigate risk, identify new opportunities, and drive effective strategies for growth. For more information on this custom subscription service, please click here.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- In terms of “waste to energy” objectives, what is the current position of the metropoles?
- What are the plans of the metropoles in moving towards the specific objective of generating electricity? From an operational point of view, how many tons of solid waste are collected by the metropoles in a specific period of time? How long until the landfill sites reach maximum capacity?
- What is the best method of reducing the volume of waste contained in landfill sites?
- What technology options are available to the South African public sector, in the context of municipal waste to energy?
- Is the relationship between the public and private sector an optimal one?