Frost & Sullivan honoured industry leaders for outstanding performance at its Excellence in Automotive & Transportation Awards Banquet held in Stuttgart, Germany on 31st May 2005.
The Banquet recognised companies that are poised to promote significant growth in their industries and who have developed innovative and advanced technologies and products that will set standards in the marketplace. Companies were acknowledged for catalysing their respective Automotive & Transportation segments with exceptional leadership, dynamic strategies and committed innovation.
In his keynote speech, Practice Director of Frost & Sullivan's Automotive and Transportation Group, Mr Sarwant Singh, commented on the exciting future of the European market saying, "There are a plethora of automotive and transportation technologies waiting to be commercialised. Cars of the future are going to have cooperative systems which will enable vehicle-to-infrastructure communication and inter-action, which is going to open up huge opportunities for technologies and will make driving a much safer and more enjoyable experience."
An "AutomotiveTechnologies of the Future: Developing a Business Model" Roundtable Discussion, moderated by Mr. Nick Ford, Frost & Sullivan’s Senior Consultant, preceded the Banquet. Panellists examined current challenges and technological developments and ways to achieve global excellence in the automotive industry.
Roundtable Discussion participants included:
- Michael Wellenzohn - MD and member of the Board for ThyssenKrupp Presta Steertec
- Erich Nickel - Director of IBM Global Automotive Solutions in Marketing Sales and Services
- Peter Mies - Renesas Technology Europe Deputy General Manager, Automotive Business Unit
- Piero Bergamini - Director of the Advanced Services Direction of Autostrade per l'Italia
- Edmund Chew - Editor, Supplier Business
- Sarwant Singh - Automotive & Transportation Practice Director, Frost & Sullivan
An open networking session followed, allowing the Award recipients to build and deepen business relationships.
Award recipients included:
- Raben Group - 2005 Customer Service Leadership Award
- Autostrade S.p.A. - 2004 Vertical Market Penetration Leadership Award
- BOSE - 2005 Product Innovation Award
- IBM Corporation - 2005 Customer Service Innovation Award
- FIEGE Group - 2005 Product Innovation Award
- Valeo - 2005 Automotive Growth Strategy Leadership of the Year Award
- Thyssenkrupp AG - 2005 Automotive Company of the Year Award
- Pioneer Corporation - 2005 Automotive Product of the Year Award
- Toll Collect GmbH - 2005 Transportation Technology Innovation & Leadership of the Year Award
- Autostrade S.p.A. - 2005 Transportation Company of the Year Award
- IBM Automotive Solutions - 2005 Automotive Technology of the Year Award
- FAURECIA - 2005 Automotive CEO of the Year Award: Pierre Lévi, CEO, FAURECIA
Frost & Sullivan Awards are presented to companies that demonstrate best practices in their industry, commending the diligence, commitment, and innovative business strategies required to advance in the global marketplace. Frost & Sullivan rigorously analyses specific criteria to determine award recipients in a broad spectrum of market industries and landscapes.
Frost & Sullivan holds annual Awards Banquets for the information and communication technologies, industrial technologies and healthcare industries. For further information on the Award Banquets or recipients or for digital photos, please contact Magdalena Oberland, Corporate Communications, at +44 (0) 20 7915 78 76, firstname.lastname@example.org