Stephen Loynd - Analyst Profile
• Thirteen years of research and analytical as well as sales and marketing expertise in the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) market, with a focus on Customer Contact. Particular expertise in:
- Guiding enterprises as they negotiate Customer Contact business and technology challenges
- Advising enterprises on effective Customer Experience strategies
- Emerging trends and market dynamics in the BPO industry
- Go-to-market BPO strategies relative to specific vertical markets
- Analyzing the competitive Customer Contact landscape
• Experience base covering a broad range of sectors, leveraging long-standing working relationships with leading industry participants’ Senior Executives
- Customer care/CRM/Customer Contact/the Customer Experience
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Global sourcing (from the US, to offshore, nearshore and homeshore)
What I bring to the Team
• Particular skills in writing, analysis, and presentation
• A passion for analyzing Customer Experience insights from the perspective of the end-user and conveying those to enterprises
• Experience and skills in sales and marketing
• A global outlook
• M.A. from the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) at Johns Hopkins University, Washington, D.C.
• B.A. Phi Beta Kappa, from Colby College, Waterville, ME
Before Frost & Sullivan
Stephen came to Frost & Sullivan from global BPO provider Stream Global Services, where he focused on go-to-market strategies for specific vertical markets, and also led efforts in competitive intelligence.
Stephen also spent close to seven years at market intelligence firm IDC as the Global Program Manager of their Contact Center practice. As a leader on the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) team, he offered expertise on contact center and CRM industry trends and opportunities worldwide and published research including competitive landscapes and forecast and analyses. Along the way, he helped grow practice revenue almost threefold, and expanded regional analyst coverage in Latin America, Europe, Africa, and Asia Pacific.
Before IDC, Stephen was a key member of the management team at telecom provider Sakon, L.L.C., where he led efforts in competitive and country analysis while spearheading business development initiatives and crafting project proposals.
For four years prior to that, Stephen was the point-person on issues of trade and state relations relative to Europe for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, reporting to the office of the Governor and the Department of Economic Development.
Stephen is based in Boston, MA.
- Areas of expertise
- MARKET RESEARCH
- COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
Recent items from Stephen LoyndPositioning for a New Consumer with Technology Enablement, Automation, and Self-helpThe market insight contains a summary of economic conditions, regulatory challenges, and contact center budget considerations (drivers and restraints). This includes analyst conclusions and recommendations. This research study also provides Frost & Sullivan insight into mobile communication application development in the contact center market.
Published: Feb 12 2013 Market Insights