Jeff Cotrupe - Analyst Profile
Global Program Director
Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan
Information & Communication Technologies
- Helps companies achieve their goals and dreams through competitive intelligence, business development, sales, and product marketing & management
- Has conceived, designed, named, and launched 20 products and companies including Stratecast
- 50+ personal branded Web venues; thousands of Google, Bing, and Yahoo! search results
Big Data, analytics, and business intelligence (BI) incorporating these component areas:
- Big Data & Analytics Core Products and Services
- Business Process and Strategic Analytics
- Customer Experience, Marketing, and Sales Analytics
- Mobile, Retail, and Location Analytics
- Social and Site Analytics
Operations/business support systems (OSS/BSS); Cloud; enterprise IT management
- Research Director at global research & consulting firm Gartner (NYSE: IT): built and led at that time world’s #1 OSS/BSS/SI research & consulting service
- Director Strategic Marketing at ADC Telecommunications (now TE Connectivity):
- Helped put $10M OSS vendor CommTech on map; led to $185.5M acquisition by ADC
- Launched FastFlow ASP™: first ASP-hosted telecom software and forerunner of Cloud
- Master of Business Administration: University of Maryland University College (UMUC)
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications, double minor Marketing/Journalism: Auburn University
- Cloud University Certified Professional: Rackspace
- Member Demystified’s Analysis Exchange
- Radio Telecommunications: Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Advertising Agency Management: Young & Rubicam | Accredited BingAds Professional
- Areas of expertise
- CORPORATE STRATEGY
- MARKET RESEARCH
- COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
Recent items from Jeff Cotrupe
Google’s Waze Crowdsourced Traffic and Navigation App is a Hit, But How Does It Impact Privacy, the Law…and Google Maps?
This Stratecast SPIE report discusses key capabilities and benefits of the Waze app, and analyzes those impacts.
|Published: Jul 17 2015||Stratecast|
This Stratecast report makes the case for why a truly comprehensive approach to retail analytics needs to transcend the rudimentary data points retailers have been settling for, up to now; and instead needs to support the end-to-end data requirements of retailer-as-enterprise; including executive management, store operations, store design and layout, merchandising, display, marketing, and loss prevention.
|Published: Jun 30 2015||Stratecast|
Advertisers Need Ways to Cut Through the Clutter and Engage Users; Can Motion Ads Shake Up the Market?
This Stratecast SPIE report analyzes some of the issues that brands face in trying to reach mobile consumers; and a new method of doing so, which, based on early returns, appears to hold promise.
|Published: Jun 19 2015||Stratecast|
This Stratecast report analyzes various opportunities for using digital technologies to deliver better results for banks and financial services providers. It discusses challenges that FSS digital marketers face, and opportunities for meeting these challenges: making better use of digital data; optimizing engagement across channels and devices; and improving customer acquisition processes by personalizing offers and messaging—all to reach their ultimate goals of revenue growth and retention.
|Published: Jun 16 2015||Stratecast|
The ability to leverage Big Data to enhance business operations is having a major impact on every vertical in both the public and private sectors. One industry where Big Data appears poised to have a profound effect is the automotive industry. Frost & Sullivan asserts that automotive industry strategies driven (or at least informed) by Big Data and analytics will deliver approximate annual financial benefit—combining cost-savings and incremental revenue—of up to $800 per vehicle.
|Published: Jun 09 2015||Stratecast|
This Stratecast SPIE report analyzes how the evolution of newsfeed media such as Facebook, and the industry thought leadership of the Media Rating Council, are shaping how advertisers view the effectiveness of the advertising they place not only on Facebook but across all digital venues.
|Published: Apr 03 2015||Stratecast|
This Stratecast report will analyze: · The things customers want from their interactions with companies today. · The things companies are seeking from those interactions, and the systems that enable and enhance interactions. · The role of omni-channel communications in optimizing the customer experience. · The role of technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning in creating a winning scenario for both customers and providers. The report will then discuss a solution that uses AI and machine learning to provide better solutions for providers, and an optimized experience for customers.
|Published: Mar 26 2015||Stratecast|
This Stratecast report analyzes the challenges of today’s expanding threat landscape, and how Big Data-powered machine learning can help meet those challenges.
|Published: Feb 20 2015||Stratecast|
Our Privacy versus Their Survival: Big Data Keeps Online and Brick-and-Mortar Retailers from Hitting the Wall
This Stratecast report analyzes MRLA in context with other activities that occur every day on a national and global scale - activities in the private and public sectors that Stratecast believes have a far greater impact on privacy than MRLA. The report analyzes steps the industry has taken to address consumer privacy; as well as solutions and providers that allow retailer survival and consumer privacy to coexist.
|Published: Dec 31 2014||Stratecast|
WOW. What happens in Vegas: I’m writing about it, and analyzing it. Ok, before anyone goes scrambling for legal counsel and/or relationship counsel-ing, what I’m analyzing is Sitecore Symposium 2014 in Las Vegas: a slickly-produced conference with, I’m guessing, judging by the chock-full keynote hall, +/- 2,000 attendees. The event featured multi...
|27 Oct 2014||Blog post|
How Data Governance Helps Financial Institutions Achieve Operational Excellence and Satisfy Regulators
This Stratecast report will explore some troubling impacts of the failure of financial services organizations to achieve effective data governance; and will provide insights on technologies and business approaches that can help them change their fortunes by harnessing the power of Big Data.
|Published: Oct 24 2014||Stratecast|