Jeff Cotrupe - Analyst Profile
Global Program Director
Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan
Information & Communication Technologies
- Research analyst, writer, digital marketer, product manager, and executive has helped organizations generate hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue, M&A, and investment capital
- Has conceived, designed, named, and launched 20 products and companies including Stratecast
- 70+ personal branded online venues and thousands of Google, Bing, and Yahoo! search results
- Big Data, analytics, and business intelligence (BI) incorporating these component areas:
- Big Data core: platforms, applications, systems, and services
- Online/digital analytics and marketing including site, social, mobile, and video
- Customer experience management (CEM): application performance monitoring (APM), customer service assurance (CSA), quality of experience (QoE), and customer experience analytics (CEA), and social network analysis (SNA); key area of focus: Video QoE
- Mobile commerce management (MCM), a category Jeff defined that includes mobile marketing, advertising, and commerce infrastructure, ecosystems, and solutions
- Operations/business support systems (OSS/BSS)
- Enterprise IT network/systems management
- Research Director at global research & consulting firm Gartner (NYSE: IT): built and led world’s first major OSS/BSS/SI research & consulting service at Gartner
- Director Strategic Marketing at ADC Telecommunications (now TE Connectivity):
- Helped put $10M OSS vendor CommTech on the map and led to $185.5M acquisition by ADC
- Launched FastFlow ASP™: market’s first ASP-hosted telecom software; forerunner of Cloud
- Master of Business Administration: University of Maryland | University College
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications, double minor Marketing/Journalism: Auburn University
- Accredited BingAds Professional
- Member Demystified’s Analysis Exchange
- Cloud University Certified Professional: Rackspace
- Radio Telecommunications: Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Areas of expertise
- CORPORATE STRATEGY
- MARKET RESEARCH
- COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
Recent items from Jeff Cotrupe
This report provides analysis and guidance about the benefits of adopting a real-time analytics strategy, and the essential components to execute on such a strategy.
|Published: Sep 11 2014||Stratecast|
This Stratecast SPIE report outlines specific CSP areas of need that Big Data is best equipped to address, and analyzes examples of how CSPs are beginning to reap the benefits of an integrated Big Data and analytics strategy.
|Published: Aug 22 2014||Stratecast|
Brands are seeing users consume mobile content in record numbers, so why are those same brands not spending more to reach mobile users? The major reason cited by brands and agencies is the difficulty in quantifying the results of mobile advertising. This Stratecast SPIE report analyzes where a time-honored advertising benchmark falls short; and how leveraging Big Data to gain a more granular, accurate view of the impact of advertising is helping brands make mobile advertising pay off.
|Published: Jun 27 2014||Stratecast|
Does mobile advertising work? The fate of an industry that currently generates billions of dollars in revenue depends on the answer to that question. This report provides some answers, and continues Stratecast’s analysis of an expanding area of the Big Data and analytics market: mobile, retail, and location analytics.
|Published: Jun 12 2014||Stratecast|
How Stratecast Built Its Current Market Sizing and Forecast for the Big Data, Analytics, and Business Intelligence Market
Stratecast built its first-ever estimate of the size and growth of the global market for Big Data, analytics and BI solutions organically by triangulating data on contributory markets with the best available data from both users and providers of these solutions.
|Published: Apr 16 2014||Stratecast|
While organizations are conceptually ready to reap the benefits of Big Data, moving from their current state of data-not-quite-readiness to a Big Data-driven future requires tackling three challenges: one structural, one temporal, and one about reliable data. This Stratecast report briefly analyzes these challenges and the viability of a solution designed to overcome all three.
|Published: Apr 11 2014||Stratecast|
This report analyzes privacy issues surrounding the NSA, how they appear similar to those found in other sectors, and how lessons learned in one area may potentially benefit, or at least inform, other areas in pursuit of an equitable balance between the need to know and the right to privacy.
|Published: Apr 08 2014||Stratecast|
This Stratecast report analyzes the challenges that OTT places on CSPs, and how Big Data is helping CSPs to meet those challenges.
|Published: Mar 05 2014||Stratecast|
Safe Haven from the Retail Analytics Privacy Fire: Retailer-Branded, Shopper-Approved Smartphone Apps
This Stratecast SPIE report analyzes an analytics-driven shopper engagement approach that gets away from the notion of installing a secretive data collection “dragnet” in a retail location; and, instead, engages customers 24/7, with shopper approval upfront—including when they are at or near a retail location.
|Published: Feb 07 2014||Stratecast|
This week’s SPIE report analyzes another example of how regional and even local businesses, as well as national corporations, are finding a cost-effective way to access Big Data in support of day-to-day business needs and decision making. The report also analyzes the potential pitfalls of such an approach; and what businesses and providers alike need to be considering as they move forward on these initiatives.
|Published: Dec 20 2013||Stratecast|