Jeff Cotrupe - Analyst Profile
Global Program Director
Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan
Information & Communication Technologies
- Helps companies achieve their goals and dreams through competitive intelligence, business development, sales, and product marketing & management
- Has conceived, designed, named, and launched 20 products and companies including Stratecast
- 50+ personal branded Web venues; thousands of Google, Bing, and Yahoo! search results
Big Data, analytics, and business intelligence (BI) incorporating these component areas:
- Big Data & Analytics Core Products and Services
- Business Process and Strategic Analytics
- Customer Experience, Marketing, and Sales Analytics
- Mobile, Retail, and Location Analytics
- Social and Site Analytics
Operations/business support systems (OSS/BSS); Cloud; enterprise IT management
- Research Director at global research & consulting firm Gartner (NYSE: IT): built and led at that time world’s #1 OSS/BSS/SI research & consulting service
- Director Strategic Marketing at ADC Telecommunications (now TE Connectivity):
- Helped put $10M OSS vendor CommTech on map; led to $185.5M acquisition by ADC
- Launched FastFlow ASP™: first ASP-hosted telecom software and forerunner of Cloud
- Master of Business Administration: University of Maryland University College (UMUC)
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications, double minor Marketing/Journalism: Auburn University
- Cloud University Certified Professional: Rackspace
- Member Demystified’s Analysis Exchange
- Radio Telecommunications: Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Advertising Agency Management: Young & Rubicam | Accredited BingAds Professional
- Areas of expertise
- CORPORATE STRATEGY
- MARKET RESEARCH
- COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
Recent items from Jeff Cotrupe
This SPIE report briefly discusses the patchwork of remedies that have been devised by governments and industries with the stated intent of protecting data privacy. It then presents approaches that may get to the heart of the matter through privacy solutions based not on industry action or government legislation, but on technology.
|Published: Oct 02 2015||Stratecast|
This report asserts that real-time analytics is not “settled science.” It is not a foregone conclusion that every company needs and can afford real-time analytics in all areas of the business. There is also not, at this time, one shining example for all to follow in deploying it; but, instead, several models. Therefore, this report explores these and other issues and challenges surrounding real-time analytics; cooperative industry efforts that are addressing many of the challenges it poses; major providers who are deploying it; and the benefits that are accruing to their customers.
|Published: Sep 17 2015||Stratecast|
Google’s Waze Crowdsourced Traffic and Navigation App is a Hit, But How Does It Impact Privacy, the Law…and Google Maps?
This Stratecast SPIE report discusses key capabilities and benefits of the Waze app, and analyzes those impacts.
|Published: Jul 17 2015||Stratecast|
This Stratecast report makes the case for why a truly comprehensive approach to retail analytics needs to transcend the rudimentary data points retailers have been settling for, up to now; and instead needs to support the end-to-end data requirements of retailer-as-enterprise; including executive management, store operations, store design and layout, merchandising, display, marketing, and loss prevention.
|Published: Jun 30 2015||Stratecast|
Advertisers Need Ways to Cut Through the Clutter and Engage Users; Can Motion Ads Shake Up the Market?
This Stratecast SPIE report analyzes some of the issues that brands face in trying to reach mobile consumers; and a new method of doing so, which, based on early returns, appears to hold promise.
|Published: Jun 19 2015||Stratecast|
This Stratecast report analyzes various opportunities for using digital technologies to deliver better results for banks and financial services providers. It discusses challenges that FSS digital marketers face, and opportunities for meeting these challenges: making better use of digital data; optimizing engagement across channels and devices; and improving customer acquisition processes by personalizing offers and messaging—all to reach their ultimate goals of revenue growth and retention.
|Published: Jun 16 2015||Stratecast|
The ability to leverage Big Data to enhance business operations is having a major impact on every vertical in both the public and private sectors. One industry where Big Data appears poised to have a profound effect is the automotive industry. Frost & Sullivan asserts that automotive industry strategies driven (or at least informed) by Big Data and analytics will deliver approximate annual financial benefit—combining cost-savings and incremental revenue—of up to $800 per vehicle.
|Published: Jun 09 2015||Stratecast|
This Stratecast SPIE report analyzes how the evolution of newsfeed media such as Facebook, and the industry thought leadership of the Media Rating Council, are shaping how advertisers view the effectiveness of the advertising they place not only on Facebook but across all digital venues.
|Published: Apr 03 2015||Stratecast|
This Stratecast report will analyze: · The things customers want from their interactions with companies today. · The things companies are seeking from those interactions, and the systems that enable and enhance interactions. · The role of omni-channel communications in optimizing the customer experience. · The role of technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning in creating a winning scenario for both customers and providers. The report will then discuss a solution that uses AI and machine learning to provide better solutions for providers, and an optimized experience for customers.
|Published: Mar 26 2015||Stratecast|
This Stratecast report analyzes the challenges of today’s expanding threat landscape, and how Big Data-powered machine learning can help meet those challenges.
|Published: Feb 20 2015||Stratecast|
WOW. What happens in Vegas: I’m writing about it, and analyzing it. Ok, before anyone goes scrambling for legal counsel and/or relationship counsel-ing, what I’m analyzing is Sitecore Symposium 2014 in Las Vegas: a slickly-produced conference with, I’m guessing, judging by the chock-full keynote hall, +/- 2,000 attendees. The event featured multi...
|27 Oct 2014||Blog post|