Jeff Cotrupe - Analyst Profile
Global Program Director
Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan
Information & Communication Technologies
- Helps companies achieve their goals and dreams through competitive intelligence, business development, sales, and product marketing & management
- Has conceived, designed, named, and launched 20 products and companies including Stratecast
- 50+ personal branded Web venues; thousands of Google, Bing, and Yahoo! search results
Big Data, analytics, and business intelligence (BI) incorporating these component areas:
- Big Data & Analytics Core Products and Services
- Business Process and Strategic Analytics
- Customer Experience, Marketing, and Sales Analytics
- Mobile, Retail, and Location Analytics
- Social and Site Analytics
Operations/business support systems (OSS/BSS); Cloud; enterprise IT management
- Research Director at global research & consulting firm Gartner (NYSE: IT): built and led at that time world’s #1 OSS/BSS/SI research & consulting service
- Director Strategic Marketing at ADC Telecommunications (now TE Connectivity):
- Helped put $10M OSS vendor CommTech on map; led to $185.5M acquisition by ADC
- Launched FastFlow ASP™: first ASP-hosted telecom software and forerunner of Cloud
- Master of Business Administration: University of Maryland University College (UMUC)
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications, double minor Marketing/Journalism: Auburn University
- Cloud University Certified Professional: Rackspace
- Member Demystified’s Analysis Exchange
- Radio Telecommunications: Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Advertising Agency Management: Young & Rubicam | Accredited BingAds Professional
- Areas of expertise
- CORPORATE STRATEGY
- MARKET RESEARCH
- COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
Recent items from Jeff Cotrupe
WOW. What happens in Vegas: I’m writing about it, and analyzing it. Ok, before anyone goes scrambling for legal counsel and/or relationship counsel-ing, what I’m analyzing is Sitecore Symposium 2014 in Las Vegas: a slickly-produced conference with, I’m guessing, judging by the chock-full keynote hall, +/- 2,000 attendees. The event featured multi...
|27 Oct 2014||Blog post|
How Data Governance Helps Financial Institutions Achieve Operational Excellence and Satisfy Regulators
This Stratecast report will explore some troubling impacts of the failure of financial services organizations to achieve effective data governance; and will provide insights on technologies and business approaches that can help them change their fortunes by harnessing the power of Big Data.
|Published: Oct 24 2014||Stratecast|
This report provides analysis and guidance about the benefits of adopting a real-time analytics strategy, and the essential components to execute on such a strategy.
|Published: Sep 11 2014||Stratecast|
This Stratecast SPIE report outlines specific CSP areas of need that Big Data is best equipped to address, and analyzes examples of how CSPs are beginning to reap the benefits of an integrated Big Data and analytics strategy.
|Published: Aug 22 2014||Stratecast|
Brands are seeing users consume mobile content in record numbers, so why are those same brands not spending more to reach mobile users? The major reason cited by brands and agencies is the difficulty in quantifying the results of mobile advertising. This Stratecast SPIE report analyzes where a time-honored advertising benchmark falls short; and how leveraging Big Data to gain a more granular, accurate view of the impact of advertising is helping brands make mobile advertising pay off.
|Published: Jun 27 2014||Stratecast|
Does mobile advertising work? The fate of an industry that currently generates billions of dollars in revenue depends on the answer to that question. This report provides some answers, and continues Stratecast’s analysis of an expanding area of the Big Data and analytics market: mobile, retail, and location analytics.
|Published: Jun 12 2014||Stratecast|
How Stratecast Built Its Current Market Sizing and Forecast for the Big Data, Analytics, and Business Intelligence Market
Stratecast built its first-ever estimate of the size and growth of the global market for Big Data, analytics and BI solutions organically by triangulating data on contributory markets with the best available data from both users and providers of these solutions.
|Published: Apr 16 2014||Stratecast|
While organizations are conceptually ready to reap the benefits of Big Data, moving from their current state of data-not-quite-readiness to a Big Data-driven future requires tackling three challenges: one structural, one temporal, and one about reliable data. This Stratecast report briefly analyzes these challenges and the viability of a solution designed to overcome all three.
|Published: Apr 11 2014||Stratecast|
This report analyzes privacy issues surrounding the NSA, how they appear similar to those found in other sectors, and how lessons learned in one area may potentially benefit, or at least inform, other areas in pursuit of an equitable balance between the need to know and the right to privacy.
|Published: Apr 08 2014||Stratecast|
This Stratecast report analyzes the challenges that OTT places on CSPs, and how Big Data is helping CSPs to meet those challenges.
|Published: Mar 05 2014||Stratecast|
Safe Haven from the Retail Analytics Privacy Fire: Retailer-Branded, Shopper-Approved Smartphone Apps
This Stratecast SPIE report analyzes an analytics-driven shopper engagement approach that gets away from the notion of installing a secretive data collection “dragnet” in a retail location; and, instead, engages customers 24/7, with shopper approval upfront—including when they are at or near a retail location.
|Published: Feb 07 2014||Stratecast|