The Internet of Things (IoT): How Real is It Today?
Although IoT is still coming into focus for many, it already connects more than nine billion devices worldwide; over the next five years, that number is expected to grow to between 20 billion and 50 billion devices. In 2025, IoT is expected to create between $4 trillion to $11 trillion in economic benefits globally. IoT is a logistical and economic force to be reckoned with, and something that every organization needs to have a strategy with which to address it. The focus of this initial IoT-focused Stratecast report is to: --Discuss Stratecast’s 2015 BDA Survey findings with regard to IoT --Establish what a typical IoT structure looks like --Analyze issues and hard truths about IoT --Discuss places where IoT is having an impact --Provide perspective on the future of IoT
1. The Internet of Things (IoT): How Real is It Today?
- Executive Summary
- Stratecast's 2015 BDA Survey: IoT at Work or in the Works - 23%
- What IoT Looks Like at an Architectural Level
- IPv6 Makes IoT a Practical Reality
- IoT Holds Massive Potential . . . but it also Has Issues
- Selected Industry Sectors Where IoT is Having an Impact
- Selected IoT Case Studies and Providers
- Stratecast - The Last Word
- About Stratecast
- About Frost & Sullivan