In today’s challenging B2B market, cutting through the clutter requires strong, focused strategies like account-based marketing, or ABM. To help you understand and optimize this unique and very effective approach — 87% of B2B marketers report that ABM initiatives deliver better ROI — our Brand & Demand team recently assembled a select group of marketing pros to share their top tips and techniques for success.
Here is a sampling of our questions and the expert’s answers about what works, what doesn’t, and what’s worth testing today:
What was the “aha” moment that helped you define your ABM strategy?
- We piloted ABM using an eBook that included customer buying criteria – it was very well received!
- We took a step back and built a truly integrated journey for our accounts
- We looked closely at marketing engagement metrics in the pipeline and identified possible issues; online behavior can also be mined for buying intention
- We utilized data visualization tools and had better results
What is your top trick for sharing ABM results with management?
- Data contextualization
- Keeping it brief — one page
- Static pictures or charts showing up or down results
- Comparison charts focused on traditional marketing versus an ABM approach
- It’s all about the numbers – show revenue generation
- ROI in a deck
- Illustrating reduction in the cost of sales and other efficiencies
What is your most successful current strategy for driving ROI with ABM?
- Focusing on engagement; contextualizing engagement within the pipeline
- Providing account directors with key insights
- Targeted, integrated campaigns
- Microsites that allow us to communicate with customers, to create a playground, so to speak
- C-level positioning – marketing writes for the C- level
- A symposium where account managers and marketing come together
What is the greatest roadblock to achieving your ABM goals?
- Selecting the right accounts and focusing on growth potential
- Effectively orchestrating all resources across the organization
- Resources often need one to one management and ABM accounts need to be prioritized and assigned to sales talent
- Understanding that ABM takes more time, you need to understand the targeted account’s business from the top down
These are just some of the top tricks and lessons our expert panel shared. Click here to access our on-demand UnWwebinar, ABM Strategies, Tactics and Insights to Drive ROI in its entirety to learn even more. You’ll discover what ABM assets work best, how to get the C-Suite on board with your ABM strategies, what organizations shouldn’t be doing ABM…and other takeaways that will help you effectively utilize this time-proven approach for a better bottom line.
Leveraging the breadth and depth of over 50 years of industry expertise, our Brand and Demand Solutions Practice delivers the most comprehensive marketing solutions and ABM tactical solutions to support every stage of your customer’s buying cycle. To learn more about how Frost & Sullivan’s Brand and Demand Solutions Practice can help you maximize your marketing reach, schedule a complimentary consultation today!