Contact Our Team
Key Executives & Growth Consulting Core Team Members
David has devoted his career to helping companies generate, evaluate and implement innovative growth strategies. Shortly after graduating university he co-founded a company, which later became known as Frost & Sullivan. Frost & Sullivan pioneered and has become a world leader in providing economic, technology, competitive, customer, demographic and best practices research to support clients with their investment and business strategy decisions. Today, the company is focused on helping clients become visionary innovators in their industry. This is done through a unique value proposition based on 360-degree research, a global platform, comprehensive industry coverage and career best practices. This allows Frost & Sullivan to become a company’s growth partner on their Journey to Visionary Innovation.
Jan Kristiansen has more than 25 years of business leadership, company creation and strategy expertise, having worked on more than 150 significant strategy design & implementation projects worldwide. He was named Global Head of Consulting in 2020, directing global consulting operations and accelerating our clients’ growth, after previously serving as Director for the European region.
18 years of Consulting and Research Management expertise, which includes countless experiences helping to create, develop and deliver solutions to drive winning growth strategies for a large variety of clients in the Information and Communications Technologies sector. Particular expertise in:
- Geographic and Product Line Extensions
- Market Opportunity Analysis
- Strategic Planning and Strategy Execution
Experience base covering broad range of sectors, leveraging long-standing working relationships with leading industry participants’ Senior Executives, specifically in the following sectors:
- Mobile & Wireless Communications
- Unified Communications
- Conferencing Systems and Services
- Space Communications
What I bring to the Team
- Substantial experience in Consulting engagements across many industry sectors within ICT markets
- Expert-level research, writing, and presentation skills
- Global business experience and capabilities
- I have directed a 3000% growth of Frost & Sullivan’s ICT Practice, and have employed similar principles to help our clients meet their growth objectives
- Business Unit Leader of Information & Communications Technologies Practice at Frost & Sullivan for 12 years
- Keynote Speaker at various Communications Conferences around the Globe
- Analyst and Consultant in Mobile Communications Markets at Frost & Sullivan
- MBA from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo (USA)
- BA from University of California at Davis (USA)
Shekar Gopalan is the Global Practice Lead for the Industrial practice, with nearly four decades of experience in Test & Measurement Instrumentation and Automation industries. He leads a global team of analysts and consultants, providing strategies and solutions for accelerated growth in testing, manufacturing, and related digital service industries. Gopalan’s expertise includes extensive global team-building experience, P&L management, growth partnership opportunity identification and due diligence.
Hendrik is a true growth expert and brings a wealth of experience from both the private a public sectors focused on innovation, expansion, growth and industry development.
Hendrik has designed and implemented numerous corporate and public sector growth and innovation initiatives across industries and continents over the past 15 years. Particular process expertise include:
- Commercial Due Diligence
- Innovation Management
- Geographic Expansion
- Pricing Model Development
- Competitive Strategy
- Distribution Channel Strategy
- Strategy Implementation
- Sector Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Idea Generation
Experience base covering broad range of sectors, leveraging long-standing working relationships with leading industry participants’ Senior Executives:
- Agri- processing
- Energy & power supplies
- Automation & Electronics
- Information Technology
- Healthcare Environment Technology
- Building Technology
- Financial Services
- Mining Agriculture
- Jewellery manufacturing
- Oil & Gas
Extensive expertise in corporate growth, innovation management and economic development.
Hendrik has more than 15 years of executive management and consulting experience in several leading firms including:
- Deloitte Consulting, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Kaiser Associates, Cape Town, South Africa
Over 15 years of consulting expertise in Energy & Environment and related industries. Particular expertise in:
- Strategic market analysis with a visionary approach and strong analytical background
- Managing all activities of the Energy and Environment team driving growth in the EMEA region
- Strategy planning for key global clients in M&A support, new market selection and product launch
Proven track record across a broad range of Energy & Environment sectors, leveraging long-standing working relationships with Senior Executives in:
- Power Generation, including centralized power, distributed generation and renewable energy
- Environment, including water, waste management, recycling and energy recovery
- Transmission and Distribution, including smart grid, metering and utility strategies
- Building Technologies, including energy efficiency, smart buildings, fire & safety and facility management
What I bring to the Team
- Extensive network of connections based on 15 years of contact with energy and environment markets
- Proven leader and manager of a team that mixes advanced market analysis skills with a vast working experience of the global energy and environment industry
- Trusted partner and advisor to executives seeking to grow in the energy and environment sector
- Strategic planning and vision
- Leadership of consulting engagements with global tier 1 players including Schneider Electric, Veolia Environment, Degremont, Siemens and CH2M Hill
Prior to joining Frost & Sullivan, worked for 3 years in the UK public sector:
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) – Research Analyst in the field of renewable energy and biomass
- BEng (Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Edinburgh, UK)
- MSc (Environmental Protection and Management, University of Edinburgh, UK)
Over 15 years of consulting experience, especially automotive market research and market strategy development. Specific expertise in Qualitative and quantitative market analysis – B2B & B2C; Market modeling & forecasting; Benchmarking & positioning; Diversification and new market entry; Innovation and product development; Business & market strategy; Business plan development.
Experience base covers a wide range of industry sectors, forming long-standing relationships with senior executives in the Automotive & Transportation; Telematics (PV & CV), Powertrain (incl. EV) and involvement in Chassis, Safety, Driver Assistance, Aftermarket; Extended Mobility: Rail, Urban transport, new mobility solutions and concepts, inter-modality, integration of modes; Industrial Automation & Electronics: Automation Solutions (PLC, DCS, MES), Welding, Pneumatics, Motors & Drives, Security.
What I bring to the Team:
Market & Business Consulting Delivery – Common sense & business acumen; Consulting Project Management – Experience in complex international projects; Strategy & Business Planning – Fact-based high impact recommendations; Team Management & Leadership – Structured and directive
Consultative Business Development – Client objective orientated; Languages: English, French,
Richard Sear leverages over 25 years of experience to lead Frost & Sullivan’s integrated solutions and offerings, including digital solutions, professional services and data analytics. In his role as Global Head of Solutions, he leads technology and innovation client-facing practices.
Charlie leads Frost & Sullivan’s growth consulting practice in the Americas supporting clients across the healthcare technology and services ecosystem. His responsibilities include project management, business development, strategic planning and subject matter expertise, particularly in the medical devices market.
Brian is the operating executive of Frost & Sullivan’s Growth Pipeline Advisory Services. He is responsible for business process design and implementation, as well as optimizing the performance, capacity management and career development of the global consultant team. Prior to this role, Brian was the global leader of the company’s Information and Communications Technologies practice, and the Americas regional head of its Growth Consulting business. For the past 30 years, he’s been a trusted market strategy advisor to C-Level executives in Fortune 1000 organizations, governments, universities and the investment community.