2022 Round Up:
Commitments have been made towards emissions reductions by most countries in the GCC and the broader Middle East. Aspirations are increasing, and guidelines being defined, towards sustainability/circularity. This will drive new investments in cleaner fuels, water reuse, reduced energy usage, and reduced emissions (across supply chains and value chains).
Top 5 Trends to Watch in 2023
- Circular economy of water: Newer technologies will gain market share. Especially advanced membranes and bioreactors, anaerobic digestion, renewable desalination, and decentralized water/wastewater treatment systems.
- Secondary materials, not waste: As recycling/reuse gain traction, we can expect to see waste make a significant shift toward becoming secondary materials (that generate value).
- Investments in reducing emissions: 2023 will witness a shift in manufacturers’ approach toward emissions reduction as they feel the pressure from country commitments and customer requirements.
- Green taxonomy to evolve: Frameworks are being defined, creating a conducive environment for sustainability-linked investments.
- Sustainable feedstocks/low-carbon fuels on the rise: Fuels/feedstock have a critical role in contributing to the circularity commitments made by countries in the region
Schedule a dialog with our team today to understand how you can maximize your growth potential. Frost & Sullivan growth experts can help you with:
- Strategizing for new business models
- Identifying new technologies/product opportunities for investment
- Localization/improving in-country value
- Geographic expansion
- Strategic partnering
- Improving market share